METAL TIGER PLC
7 October 2015
Metal Tiger plc
("Metal Tiger" or the "Company")
Thailand Expansion and Joint Venture Acquisition
Metal Tiger (LON: MTR), the natural resources investing company is pleased to announce the commencement of a material expansion in the Company's activities in Thailand.
The first step in this expansion is the option to acquire a 90% interest (and assign the other 10%) in the Company's existing Joint Venture currently held with South East Asia Mining ("SEAM") and focused on a gold, antimony and copper licence and licence applications (the "transaction").
· Metal Tiger has secured an option to acquire the current Thailand Joint Venture ("JV") with SEAM for total consideration of $50,000 including the $10,000 option fee;
· The option agreement includes an option period to the end of October 2015 to enable Metal Tiger to ensure the transaction is structured appropriately leading to Metal Tiger holding a net 90% of the JV interests with 10% held by a local Thai operating company;
· The option agreement also includes a concurrent standstill period during which time further consideration can be given to the acquisition of other separate Thai interests held by SEAM;
· On completion Metal Tiger's Thai JV interest would increase from 10% to 90% and form the foundation for additional local expansion targeted; and
· Metal Tiger is currently engaged in advanced negotiations to acquire additional Thai precious and base metal interests.
Cameron Parry CEO of Metal Tiger commented: "Shareholders are well aware of Metal Tiger's strategic ambition to build a large and diversified natural resource business, and the expansion of its Thai interests is a important part of that strategy.
The Board will visit Thailand in mid-October to progress completion of this transaction and that of additional negotiations to further expand the Company's footprint in Thailand.
Alongside Thailand the Company is looking to further expand activities in Spain, notably in respect of additional gold and tungsten opportunities. This will build on the tremendous success of our Spanish JV in identifying two potentially substantial new discoveries of tungsten deposits in Extremadura (as previously announced to market on the 2nd July 2015 and 16th July 2015).
By further expanding our interests on the ground in both Thailand and Spain we will be creating critical mass in our Direct Projects division in both countries and that makes sense from a strategic business perspective.
Until transactions are finalised with all contractual and regulatory matters addressed we are unable to provide specific details. However we are closing in on a number of new opportunities and will update the market as soon as practicable."
Background to Joint Venture and Acquisition Proposal
Metal Tiger has a Thai Gold/Antimony Joint Venture (JV) agreement with South East Asia Mining the original terms of which were outlined in the announcement made by the Company on 28 October 2014.
This agreement enabled Metal Tiger to acquire a 75% stake in the JV operating companies through the commitment to fund $150,000 in payments to SEAM and $150,000 into the JV Thai operating companies in respect of JV qualifying expenditure which included JV administration and operational exploration costs.
This transaction was slightly amended as outlined in the Metal Tiger announcement on 12 December 2014 wherein Metal Tiger received an accelerated 10% of the JV companies with immediate effect.
As outlined in the Company's announcement on 15 September 2015 the remainder total payments due by Metal Tiger under the original transaction amounted to $150,000 in vendor and exploration commitments whereupon Metal Tiger would increase its 10% interest in the JV to 75%.
Metal Tiger has now secured an option to acquire 100% of the original JV interests by the end of October 2015 and thus eliminate any future committed payments under the original JV agreement (ie $150,000 total remaining outstanding as highlighted above).
Metal Tiger has paid a $10,000 deposit in cash to secure the option during which time Metal Tiger can, at its volition, acquire 100% of the JV interests for an additional $40,000 on or before 31 October 2015.
Should Metal Tiger proceed with the JV acquisition it will at the same time as the 100% interest is acquired, immediately transfer 10% of the JV shares to a Thailand based company. This company will be the in-country operator of the projects on the ground.
After completion of the transaction Metal Tiger will hold 90% of Joint Venture interests. The interests include:
- One Exclusive Prospecting Licence ("EPL") in respect of a Gold-Antimony focused project in the Chanthaburi province, in the South East of Thailand where the Company has published findings from initial work undertaken by the JV during 2015 including the identification of gold anomalies requiring further investigation;
- One Special Prospecting Licence Application ("SPLA") in the Chanthaburi province situated in what is known locally as the 'Gold-Antimony Belt';
- Two SPLAs covering 31 square kilometres and relating to projects in the Nakon Sawan and Lopburi provinces within the Loei-Phetchabun part of what is known locally as the 'Copper-Gold Belt'.
As part of the Option Agreement Metal Tiger and SEAM have also agreed to a standstill for October during which time Metal Tiger can give further consideration to the acquisition of other separate Thai interests held by SEAM.
For further information on the Company, visit: www.metaltigerplc.com:
Metal Tiger Plc
Cameron Parry (CEO)
Tel: +44 (0)207 099 0738
Paul Johnson (Executive Director)
Tel: +44 (0)7766 465 617
Spark Advisory Partners Limited (Nominated Adviser)
Tel: +44 (0) 2033 683 555
SI Capital (Sole Broker)
Tel: +44 (0) 1483 413 500
Notes to Editors:
Metal Tiger Plc is a natural resources focused investing company quoted on the London Stock Exchange AIM Market ("AIM") with the trading code MTR and two investment divisions, Direct Equities and Direct Projects.
The Direct Equities division invests in quoted natural resource explorers and developers, with a combination of shares and warrants providing a potential non-debt financing instrument and enhanced return potential.
The Direct Projects division invests in operational mineral exploration projects with current investments in Spanish Gold & Tungsten, Thai Gold, Copper & Antimony, and Tanzanian Gold and Uranium. The Direct Projects investment division also has working collaborations to identify new investment opportunities in Russia (platinum focus) and Turkey (gold focus), in association with experienced in-country partners.
Metal Tiger's target is to deliver a high return for shareholders by investing in significantly undervalued and/or high potential opportunities in the mineral exploration and development sector timed to coincide where possible, with a cyclical recovery in the exploration and mining markets.
This information is provided by RNS