Metal Tiger's experienced team operates a hands on and dynamic investment approach. The company pursues a hybrid public and private equity investing model.
The preferred commodity investment exposure is base and precious metals.
Metal Tiger makes Active and Passive equity investments. There are currently three active investments: Cobre Ltd, Southern Gold Ltd and Armada Metals Ltd.
Metal Tiger's mission is to deliver longer term asset growth to shareholders by investing in undervalued and/or highly prospective opportunities in the mineral exploration and development sector.
Metal Tiger takes an active role in evaluating and managing its investments to ensure they continue to create longer term asset growth for shareholders as the invetments progress through the mineral exploration and development cycle.
Mining Due Diligence checklist
The majority of potential active equity investments or project investments are earlier stage investments. Therefore, due diligence tends to focus on the following areas:
- Political, social and economic stability
- Supply chains
- Industrial relations
- Regulations/legal (ie. corporate)
- NGOs/Social licence
- Adequacy of mining/exploration rights and titles
- Sufficiency of surface rights
- Timelines for permitting/approvals
- Royalties, Agreements & Encumbrances
- Other significant risks/factors
- Environmental Studies (if needed)
- Environmental issues/permits (if needed)
- Operating requirements and plans
- Regional, local, property geology
- Geological model
- [Potential] mineral deposit type – comparable
- Historical exploration/review of drill core, geophysical information, geochem etc…
Review of likely/potential processing/metallurgy depending on stage of the asset.
- Water access, quality, reliability
- Power access, quality, reliability
- Road access
- Labour availability/skills/employment law
- Material shipping/transport logistics
- Local health, safety & security
- Offsite support
- Other infrastructure
Estimated analysis of capital/operating costs for comps (locally preferably)