Metal Tiger's experienced team operates a hands on and dynamic investment approach. The company pursues a hybrid public and private equity investing model.
The preferred commodity investment exposure is base and precious metals.
Metal Tiger focuses on Project Investments with the scope to generate a significant value uplift or a substantial new discovery. In addition to project exposure, the company also makes active and passive Equity Investments with a larger weighting to active investments.
last 2 years
Metal Tiger's mission is to deliver a high return for shareholders by investing in significantly undervalued and/or highly prospective opportunities in the mineral exploration and development sector timed to coincide where possible, with a cyclical recovery in the exploration and mining markets.
Metal Tiger is actively involved in adding value to its investments to ensure they continue to create value for shareholders through successful exploration and progression towards commercial production.
Mining Due Diligence checklist
The majority of potential active equity investments or project investments are earlier stage investments. Therefore, due diligence tends to focus on the following areas:
- Political, social and economic stability
- Supply chains
- Industrial relations
- Regulations/legal (ie. corporate)
- NGOs/Social licence
- Adequacy of mining/exploration rights and titles
- Sufficiency of surface rights
- Timelines for permitting/approvals
- Royalties, Agreements & Encumbrances
- Other significant risks/factors
- Environmental Studies (if needed)
- Environmental issues/permits (if needed)
- Operating requirements and plans
- Regional, local, property geology
- Geological model
- [Potential] mineral deposit type – comparable
- Historical exploration/review of drill core, geophysical information, geochem etc…
- Review of likely/potential processing/metallurgy depending on stage of the asset.
- Water access, quality, reliability
- Power access, quality, reliability
- Road access
- Labour availability/skills/employment law
- Material shipping/transport logistics
- Local health, safety & security
- Offsite support
- Other infrastructure
- Estimated analysis of capital/operating costs for comps (locally preferably)